Foreigners that are interested in driving can enlist the services of any car hire in Bangkok. It is quite easy for foreigners to hire a car in the city. Foreigners that don’t want to drive can hire a chauffeur with the car. It is often better to hire a chauffeur to enjoy a hitch free cruise on the roads in the city. However, it is important to bear some tips in mind before heading to a car rental in Bangkok. Some of these tips include the following;
- You must have a valid license to hire a car in Bangkok. Other documents that might be requested for include an international permit to drive, and international passport. Most often a translated copy of the permit to English is requested for at the car hire in Bangkok. This permit can be requested for at your home country prior to visiting Bangkok.
- There is an age requirement that you must meet up with before you are allowed to hire a car in Bangkok (minimum age requirement is 21).If you are below the age required, you will have to consider hiring a chauffeured driven vehicle.
- You must bear in mind that not all drivers in Bangkok speak in English. It is advised you specify to the care hire in Bangkok that you want a driver you can communicate with. Better still you can enlist the services of a tour guide that can assist with both translation and navigation in Bangkok.
- You should make plans for feeding and accommodating your driver, the driver should also be tipped accordingly.
- There is no fixed car hire Bangkok price, the cost for hire depends on the location in Bangkok. A 7% tax rate is often added to the price charged. Payment can be made with credit cards or by cash deposit.